Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, Bloody Sunday

last night i freaked myself out.  i was being a good girl and icing my leg.  because i was playing my guitar i got so distracted and my ice bag ended up leaking completely through my ace bandage and on to my stitches.  i obviously freaked.  questions in my head like "what if my stitches dissolve!?" "what if my leg splits open" "what if i just ruined my surgery" "what if i can never run again because i just got my leg wet"

well, i took care of it.  my roommate morgan came home to me using a blowdryer on my leg.  i assume it looks hilarious and ridiculous all at the same time seeing that it was midnight.   anyway, she threw the ace bandages into the dryer and dried them for me.  i finished using the hairdryer on my cotton pads and foam stuff surrounding my knee.  thanks morgan for taking care of me.  love you!

church was wonderful and loren and i sat together (both of us gimpy) with chairs pulled into the handicapped pew so we could prop our legs up.  Matt took such good care of Loren and picked her up for church.  He is a lucky guy to have such a gem and she is blessed to have such a gentleman.  Anyway, seeing Loren in a non-drugged state was good.  Last time she saw me I was a blubbering mess after coming out of the anesthetics.  I just love her.  I am glad we get to share this "surgery-time" together.  God is good and has a plan for us.  It is interesting that we have always been injured at the same time.  I am looking forward to our friendship further blossoming this spring.
Dad and I before surgery
yeah, check out those initials RCL (for Dr. Linton) 
yes, shorts in January
70 degrees, i won't complain
Loren and I right before Loren's surgery
After she left, I kept asking where she had gone.
I was so confused, thanks to the drugs.

1 comment:

  1. I assume you are on cruches, how long until your walking normally?

    ReplyDelete