Thursday, December 16, 2010

XTrain

Thrift store winter coat.
Target moccasins.
I LOVE SNOW.
I didn't want to bike. To be honest, I didn't want to do anything but read my books and drink coffee.  I really would love to run through the snow littered streets wearing shorts and a t-shirt.  But through persuasion of a teammate, I went to bike my life away.  He said it would help the healing process and maintain my fitness.  I don't want to be at that point again where I just don't care about maintaining my fitness, I don't want to be at that point where I could give up.  I want to have surgery this weekend so it will be permanently fixed by the end of indoor.  Who am I kidding though, my injury/set-back is no where close to surgery-worthy! 
Am I just meant not to run track in college?  It's always December.  What is wrong with December?  Three straight Decembers I have not been able to run.  It's truly absurd. 

I biked 60 minutes again today.  Maybe I should be going longer than that, but I am not a fan of the bike nor do I know the slightest thing about training on a bike.  I honestly hate it with a passion.  Running on a treadmill would 9 times out of 10 trump biking, and that is saying alot seeing that it could be 10 below and sleeting and I would still be outside running.  So, there.  I biked 60 minutes and read for about 40 minutes.  Music gets really annoying on a bike, has anyone else experienced that sort of annoyance?  Almost like a baby screaming in your ear but you can't change your scenery.  I stared at a poster that says Strength and Will-Power.  Obviously, my mind needs a lot more strength and will-power during these stupid set-back periods.

I know this may be one of the most depressing, ho-hum, woe is me, i hate my life blog posts, but seriously, I am tired of these set-backs.  I know every runner goes through them.  I know that.  I just am a little emotional right now.

I honestly Love Christmas more than you ever will


So, let's focus on the positives of this set back. 
1. I can cling to God tighter than ever before
2. I am able to free myself of distractions
3. I can reprioritize myself
4. I get to work on different muscles as I cross-train

5. I can think about my goals without my current progress hindering my thoughts
6. There are probably more.......but clinging to God is the best thing that could have happened to me. 


I always look back saying injuries were the best thing that had ever happened to me, I just wish I could get that mentality through my thick, stubborn head right now.

-R.

LOL LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND ON MY MOM'S COMPUTER.  I AM SO STUPIDLY AWESOME.  LOOK AT HOW YOUNG, WEIRD, AND PARTED MY HAIR IS.  :) OH WHAT A CHILD I WAS. :) IT MAKES ME SMILE.

No comments:

Post a Comment