Thursday, March 29, 2012

chasing the steeple

tuesday could not have gone worse. i had a nice and relaxing 6 mile run.....and then hurdles.  coach wanted me to tap off the steeple so i did it.  perfectly.  and then he was like, ok now hurdle it.  BAM. couldn't do it. what is wrong with me. i need to float....instead i jump like a kangaroo over the hurdle.  terrible.  i just wish i could block out everyone and just do it.  cause i know i can just do it.  its jumping over a 30" barrier.....come on.  anyway, tuesday was a nightmare.  tuesday night didn't prove any better.  i was just angry.


redemption wednesday.

i had a workout. yes. i love workouts.

1000 m with 2 water jumps and hurdles.
3:21 (WHAT?!) i was ecstatic.

4x800 at 2:30-35
800-2:32
800-2:32
800-2:31
800-2:28


my foot is kinda hurting since the meet on friday, but i think it is just a small bruise and probably will go away within the next week.  nothing to really worry about, i just want to document it.  its on my left foot.  it is on the ventral side on the head of my first metatarsal.  i'm pretty sure its just from all the pounding.

check out Blake's photography HERE!

yep, this is me being me
this weekend i am racing the 3k steeple at Ole Miss.  i am excited.  its time to test the waters!

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, Renee! :] I have been reading your blog for around 4 months now, and you are so dang inspiring! And I LOVE your testimony..amazing. :] You seem like a person I would instantly connect with; I just think you're so awesome (as a runner and a person)!

    I left a comment here a few months ago asking for some running advice, and I think you tried to send me a message, but I just CAN'T open it! haha :P I've been trying and trying but it...won't open. Hmm. Anyways, my e-mail is

    lmmorud (at) gmail (dot) com

    ..if you'd like to try there. :)

    Blessings in Christ,
    Lucia

    ReplyDelete