Saturday, March 12, 2011

what if 1000 sleepless nights is what it takes to know You're near

this is going to be my next song to learn on the piano.  mom is bringing my keyboard to me on sunday when i see her in nashville.  i am not allowed to go anywhere over spring break, but i am taking a day trip to nashville to see my mom.  i really miss her.  nashville is a great half-way point for us to get together.  last year we stayed at the opry land hotel.  it's newly renvovated due to the extreme floods last year.  it should be a fantastic sunday-monday girl day.  plus, i really can't wait to have my keyboard at my disposal all hours of the day to practice, practice, practice.  i am going to learn this song like the back of my hand, and who knows, maybe one day i'll try to sing it too.
learning this song is going to be a benchmark for me, for reasons i know in my head.  my helen jane long sheet music should come in this week.  i am anxiously anticipating it like a child anticipating going to chuck e. cheeses.




this song reminds me of a friendship that i recently had to let go for the best of us both.  it doesn't mean that it is easy, it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt, it doesn't mean that i don't wish i still had the pleasure of calling up my friend just to talk and ask "how was your day" it doesn't mean i don't miss that emotional bond with someone so important, but i know that it is truly the best for us both at this point in time.
the lyrics of this song are truely moving and they remind us that there is more in this life than ourselves, more than a bad day, there is nothing more than trusting God to see us through the next trial and tribulation, He is our rock.  He is our cornerstone.  we fail so many times, but yet He is always there for us.
‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

 i'm going to read at the pool.  i haven't decided what book i want to tackle over spring break there are so many to choose from:  i think i may go with Forgotten God.  at least being outside will lighten my hair, i want my true blonde back.

making good decisions and staying around positive people to lift me up,
noodle bug

No comments:

Post a Comment