Wednesday, May 18, 2011

my coach is a fighter

good luck coach schmidt.  
you are the toughest individual i have ever known in my whole life. we have shared some good laughs and some hard tears.  thank you for always being there for me, for believing in me, for telling me the hard truth, and showing me my potential in more than just running.  i owe the past 3 years of my life to you, because if it wasn't for you, i wouldn't be here at mississippi state.  you are the sole reason i choose this school and it's because i saw the coach, the man, the friend you could be, that you are.  you have been through so much, yet i know this will not be something to slow you down.  go in there tomorrow and fight to the finish.  you're a winner through and through.  i love you coach.  thank you for never giving up on me, even when i have given up on myself.  i will never give up on you.    good luck tomorrow.  i can't wait to see you and hug you....and most of all, run for you.  you said you would be here until i stop running and you have never broken a promise.  you said you would coach me to the olympics if that was my dream, well it still is.  you said i was going to be your shirpa indian, i am still here.  coach, don't be a jock strap tomorrow.  i need you as a coach, as a friend, as a father-figure, as a mentor.  i love you, coach.





No comments:

Post a Comment